Monday, March 5 | 10:30 am - noon (Registration Required to Attend)
PBMI offers two pre-conference workshops the morning of the first day (both are from 10:30 am to noon). Attendance is free but registration is required to attend.
You can sign up for a workshop during the conference registration process.
Lunch is included with each workshop and will be served at noon.
High Deductibles...High Risks? Key Considerations for You and Your Members in HDHPs
Lynn Zonakis, RN, Principal, The Zonakis Group
Prevalence of high deductible health plans (HDHPs) is growing. Health literacy skills needed to understand basic insurance concepts is low, and most members do not fully understand how to optimally use the plans they choose. Many members in HDHPs are not putting the money they save in premiums into their Health Savings Accounts (HSAs).
This presentation shares the impact the combination of low health care literacy and complex plans like HDHPs has on health care resource utilization, employer costs, and member health. Ongoing education is critical to help employees understand their plans and make the most of their benefits including HSAs, HRAs, and FSAs.
- Increased understanding of the health literacy challenges members are facing in HDHPs
- Data demonstrating the impact of HDHP members’ sub-optimal healthcare choices have on the member and the employer
- Recommended tactics for employers to help their members get the care they need in an HDHP
Workshop sponsored by
Equipping Employers and Health Plans to Manage Prescription Drug Costs
Amy Giese, FSA, MAAA, Consulting Actuary
Michael Hunter, PharmD, Pharmacy Management Consultant
Patrick Cambel, CPhT, Pharmacy Benefits Consultant
Join us for this panel discussion presenting different perspectives of equipping employers and health plans to manage pharmacy benefits. Case studies will be used to highlight current strategies used by employers and health plans to optimize benefits while managing prescription drug trend rates through benefit design, clinical programs, vendor management, and strategic planning.
- Provide perspectives from various stakeholders in managing costs
- Describe specific strategies being used to manage prescription drug costs
- Enable health plans and employers to implement cost-saving strategies
Workshop sponsored by